Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Looking for Linens

So here's the deal. I've got a project I want to do and I'm hoping YOU can do a little treasure hunting for me to help me pull it off.

I want to make a custom shower curtain for my girls' bathroom. My inspiration comes from this Pin I stole from my friend Becky. It brings me to my happy place.


This is a bunting made from remnants of vintage needlework and ric-rac.  I love everything about it.
I'm not looking to make these exactly but these inspired an idea. I'm thinking of making a shower curtain that is a patchwork of sorts from a collection of vintage embroidered linens, and maybe pieces of 40s/50s era tablecloths as well (think along these lines):


So back to where you come in.

I'm not asking you to go to yard sales or thrift shops or flea markets or antique shops for me (though you can do that too if you like). I'm wondering if you might shop through yours, your moms, your aunts, or your grandmother's linens for some otherwise unused/unwanted vintage embroidered pieces or tablecloths. What's in your attics? Basements? Linen closets? The embroidery can be found on dresser scarves, doilies, tea towels, napkins or tablecloths. Stained items are fine as long as there are some clean spots I can cut out. Ideally I'm looking for lots of bright colors and flowers but I'd consider anything you can hunt down for me.

Got any goodies for me? You can contact me by leaving a comment on the blog or via Facebook if you'd like to make a donation of linens toward my project (or if you'd like to guide me through the sewing). :)

Thank you in advance for your help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...