Monday, November 14, 2011

Coincidence or Godincidence?

I had almost forgotten how much time in a day (and night) goes to feeding and changing a newborn! So these days I'm really trying harder than ever to multi-task. What that really means is, I'm learning all sorts of new things I can do while nursing.  WARNING...TMI ahead. :) I've discovered I can nurse a baby in one arm while with the other arm/hand...
  • ...wipe a toddler's bum...and then even wash that hand while still nursing. (Yes, C.S.M., me too!)
  • ...help a kid ride a scooter.
  • ...unload the dishwasher.
  • ...Facebook, of course!
  • ...research the internet for lesson planning.
Now if only I could nurse a baby and type at the same time, then maybe I could finish a few of my many half started (pre-baby) blog posts!

I've also been very intentional about using that time I should be sitting still to read my Bible and Bible study notes. Then there are those nights when Little Missy decides its a good time to stay awake for 45 minutes - or 2 hours - at a time. So especially during those quiet middle-of-the-night awake "opportunities," my new goal is to spend that time in prayer. And to help me not fall asleep I decided to read some of my prayers by using the book "Praying the Scriptures for your Children" by Jodie Berndt.


The book is divided into sections based on categories such as your child's Faith, Character, Safety, Relationships, and Future. Each chapter discusses a more specific prayer topic such as Salvation, to Love God's Word, for a Servant's Heart, for Wisdom & Discernment, etc.  At the end of each chapter there are a number of prayers based directly on verses relating to that chapter's specific topic. Any pronouns in the verses are exchanged for a blank line and the intention is to read the prayer-verses and insert your child's name in the blanks as a prayer for them. I have used the book at various times with my first two children but have never finished the book.

Well this evening was the first time I opened the book in quite a long while. Rather than go back to the beginning I decided to just pick up where I left off previously and start adding in my third child, reading each prayer-verse three times - once for each girl.

I could not believe what I opened up to!!! Look at what happens to be my bookmark. Then look at the paragraph heading for the first paragraph at the top of the page. Unbeknownst to me, my third child's name has been there right there in the middle of that book where I last left off, just waiting to be inserted into the blank lines in the verses at the end of these chapters. If nothing else confirms the name we chose for for girl #3, this does!

Sorry, this is really the best my camera can focus that close up...grrr...Thank you God that I have a camera. Grrr...  :)
Coincidence? I think not! God is in the details of our lives. He uses interesting methods to get our attention and let us know he cares about the little things as much as the big things.  So the end of the chapter I read this evening brought me to these verses (among others) that I prayed for her:

Heavenly Father...

Show Avery Joy that she is fearfully and wonderfully made, and that your works are wonderful. Teach her that she is precious in your sight, and that you love her. Psalm 139:14; Isaiah 43:4

Let the light of your face shine upon Avery Joy. Fill her heart with joy, and let her lie down and sleep in peace. Psalm 4:6-8

Amen to that! Please God!! Please!! Let her lie down and sleep in peace for at least 5 straight hours, although 8 would really be nice!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...